Skip to main content

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Hey everyone. Just decided to write today since I'm already at the computer and there's not much more for me to do right now. I can't say that I'm in a bad mood, because that's really not how I feel at the moment. But rather than that I kinda feel indifferent. I feel indifferent about a lot, about life, about my health and definitely about my future. Success would be great, but I just have a hard time believing that it is in the future for me.

I've had a few bad days where I have made my husband and our roommate feel bad, sad, confused, upset or whatever. But the emotions I go through still feel to me as if they are not important, understood or even real to them. So, I just last through it and try to get back to "normal" as soon as possible so I am not bothering other folk as much.

I have stopped taking my meds for anxiety, and as of now I've stopped my HIV meds too. I'm due for an appt in January, and hopefully there will be new meds prescribed at that point anyway. But, if not, at least I know that I'll be used to no meds and I can continue with my own desire to seek more natural and holistic treatments for myself. I'm just tired of depending on medicine and systems that are not meant for me.

I would love to be a better version of myself, but I don't think that I can ever get to that point by allowing myself to be experimented on by professionals who ignore my very existence outside of them getting money for my treatment in their facility. There has to be better ways to deal with what's wrong with me, or better yet, there has to be a better way for me to deal with what's wrong with the world I'm stuck living in.

Christmas is coming up and as usual I'm unemployed. I tried to tell my family and friends that I don't want to get any gifts because I have no money to get them anything in return. Of course, my wishes were ignored and now I feel like another charity case, but only one that matters during the holidays. Funny how when I was to ask for something prior to Christmas these very same people were always broke. But oh well, maybe this is the American way. Too bad I don't participate in it.

But, as the good son my job is to play my part. So, I'll be going home on Christmas, allowing my family to celebrate the fake birth of their fake White savior, and exchange retail trappings that only support a system that keeps us all enslaved to numbers. And after it's all over I can rest assured that I have another 300 days before I'm expected to be fake and smile for no reason again.

Today...I hope it doesn't go south too quickly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Daddy is sick...

Today I got a message from one of my cousins that my Daddy was in ICU. I didn't know what to think then and I don't know what to think now. I've been to visit, and got to see my sisters and a few of my nieces and nephews while at the hospital. My Daddy and I have not always had the most loving and respectful of relationships, but as time has passed and we've both grown older, we have a new type of love and respect for one another that seems to work well.

Seeing him laying there weak and tired, really messed with me. But isn't this a part of life? Everyone we love will some day pass on, whether we're alive to witness it or not. My Daddy has been sick for quite a while now, but this is the first time he's unexpectedly been hospitalized and it's an unnerving situation to deal with.

There's nothing that I want or need to say to him that I've left unsaid. Every time we see one another we embrace and I always tell him that I love him. Years ago, that…

The Good Witch of the South, A Beautiful Black Glinda!

I'm not trying to weigh in on the reviews about The Wiz Live. I really don't care about what folks thought about the adaptations to the story or the way it was produced, etc. Everyone in it was pretty damn good, the costumes were amazing, and once again Black people have shown the world that we can take things that might be old and outdated and bring them back to life. The idea that an entirely new generation of Black children now have something they will beg their parents to let them watch and re-watch, like I did with The Wiz of the 70's, makes my world a little bit better place. 





For ME, the most memorable moment was when Glinda, The Good Witch of the South, descended from the sky in a golden glowing gown. Accompanied by two acrobatic beauties, also gilded in gold on each side of her, my girl Uzoamaka Nwanneka "Uzo" Aduba looked more like an African queen than a witch at all. Her hair was black and braided, and her curves were obvious and featured without apolo…

"Better You Than Me"

"Better You Than Me"

Maybe you can help me better understand
Why you act like a little boy and not a grown ass man
You try to run the TV, all day stuck on BOUNCE
And you're a fiend for the coffee, always begging for an ounce
You've claimed more than once all you do is "get money"
But I see you in here with nothing, so something is funny
At the top of your lungs you holler and yell
But make an excuse for your behavior, saying "This is jail."
You've got 6 kids, and 4 baby mamas
But you beg me for a click so you can call and cause drama.
You claim to be hard, snatching ass every day
But you expect me to be polite in all that I say
You're on your way back to prison and it's so sad to see
But I'd rather it be you going up the road than me.