Skip to main content

Just tired of living...

I'm tired of life. I'm tired of being expected to stay positive when I literally have nothing. I'm tired of being alone and lonely. I'm tired of being broke, or having just enough money not to do anything. I'm tired of having no type of job to identify myself with. I'm tired of owing people money that I'll never be able to pay back. I feel like I wasted my time doing well in school and going to and graduating from college. Nobody sees me as a well-spoken and intelligent college graduate, I'm just a worthless convicted felon who has to continue pay for the mistakes that I've made even though I've served my time and paid my debt to society.

I've been looking for work and I just feel like giving up. The process just seems to backwards and stupid to me. If I take the time to fill out an application or to send in a cover letter and resume, why do I have to contact you yet again to follow up? Either I'm good enough for an interview or I'm not. It's like they want people to beg and plead for something that more than likely doesn't even pay a living wage. It's stupid. It's retarded. And I really just don't wanna deal with it any longer.

I'm fucking lonely. I have nobody to talk to in an intimate fashion. All my friends are married with children and it's like they've moved on in life while I'm still stuck on stupid, in a place I don't wanna be and with nothing to show for the work that I did actually put in when I thought that life would be good to me.

Where did I go wrong? What did I do to deserve being fucked over time and time again? Am I really that bad of a person? Am I destined to just be depressed and feel bad every day of my life? Why don't people understand why I want to kill myself? What part of daily pain and suffering don't they understand. They say that I would hurt others if I took my own life, but why don't those people who would be hurt by my death see that I'm hurting just being here.

I know drugs aren't the answer but they are the only thing that give me some sort of escape from how I feel having to be stuck in this world where I'm not part of anything special or unique. Everyone has something they enjoy, mine is getting high. I just don't care about other things anymore because they don't give me any kind of satisfaction or any type of good feeling.

Sometimes I think back to my college days and I wonder what happened to all the hope and the possibility that I thought was out in the world for me. I ask myself when did the world change to become this place that threw people away as soon as they become imperfect? When did an education become less valued than a criminal record? Why even bother doing good when one bad thing will wipe out all the good you've done in your entire life?

I don't have to strength or the will power to go on. I have done everything I know to do. I have tried everything I know to have tried. I did what I was told by people I trusted and things simply haven't worked out the way they should have, and the only reason I can think of for this is because I fucked up somehow and have just become a bad person, unworthy of a job or love or money or fun or anything associated with a good and happy life. I just wanna die.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things I'm Proud Of...

My bro suggested this writing prompt to me last night, so let me give it a try. I'm proud of the fact that I graduated from college. It was a struggle and I really didn't have anyone to go before me to set the stage, but though it all I stuck to it and accomplished my goal. My degree proudly hangs in my aunt's house and I have a copy in my room to remind me of what I've done. It was one of my proudest moments even though I didn't get to attend my own graduation (another story). I'm proud of how I'm dealing with my mental issues. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder years ago and it's been a struggle to cope with the ways my emotions and my mood changes. For the past year or two I've done well though. It's not an easy fight but I'm committed to beating this thing and not allowing it to ruin my life or my relationships. I'm proud of myself for starting a fledgling business. It's only a resume writing business but it's somethi...

Still me. Fuck you.

I Miss

I miss falling asleep with his locs in my face And my hand rubbing across his belly I miss white seedless grapes, and Welch's Fruit Snacks And my favorite, peanut butter and jelly I miss all my music, Jill Scott and Badu Tupac, Outkast and Queen Bey I miss having windows, seeing the trees For real I must miss being free I miss Uncle Wendell, may he rest in peace I miss my girlfriends and my crew I miss Aunt Bert's breakfast, bacon, eggs and toast I miss looking up and seeing the sky is blue I miss all my clothes, my closet and my room I miss all my books and my art I miss seeing frames with pics of my family Even though they are etched in my heart I miss being able to walk to the store Or to the field to watch the boys and girls play I miss all the familiar slang and speech Like "jamk", "lightning bugs" and "Out the way" I miss everything and almost everyone My dreams remind me of it every night But soon enoug...