Skip to main content

Drugs


















Can you believe that I still dream of getting high
Even after being here for 85 days
In my sleep I buy a dime, and roll up a blunt
And smoke and try to wake up still John Blazed
But it isn't just weed that my mind craves anymore
It's the process and the act of getting high
Because it gives me the chance, to leave reality behind
And just float, like a cloud up into the night sky
I'm a drug addict, and it's not easy to admit
But being real is my best shot at escaping death
I've smoked tons of weed, snorted likes of coke
But I fucked up when I shot up with meth
We've all heard this saying, at some point in our lives
"What's good to you ain't always good for you"
Well that shit felt too great, and I knew it was no good
Because it took days before my body recovered
I'm not proud of that shit, but I live in my truth
And maybe I can help someone else avoid it
Because depression is a lie, and when you think you've lost your mind
All that's left is your body, so "why not try to exploit it?"
But what I've figured out, is it's all about pain
And trying your best to somehow numb it
But drugs won't work, because they only get you high
What you need is strength, to face the pain and overcome it
So what happens now, I really don't know
But I'm certain I'll be faced with temptation
And when that day comes, I'll remember these words
The first rule of life is SELF PRESERVATION

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things I'm Proud Of...

My bro suggested this writing prompt to me last night, so let me give it a try. I'm proud of the fact that I graduated from college. It was a struggle and I really didn't have anyone to go before me to set the stage, but though it all I stuck to it and accomplished my goal. My degree proudly hangs in my aunt's house and I have a copy in my room to remind me of what I've done. It was one of my proudest moments even though I didn't get to attend my own graduation (another story). I'm proud of how I'm dealing with my mental issues. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder years ago and it's been a struggle to cope with the ways my emotions and my mood changes. For the past year or two I've done well though. It's not an easy fight but I'm committed to beating this thing and not allowing it to ruin my life or my relationships. I'm proud of myself for starting a fledgling business. It's only a resume writing business but it's somethi...

Still me. Fuck you.

I Miss

I miss falling asleep with his locs in my face And my hand rubbing across his belly I miss white seedless grapes, and Welch's Fruit Snacks And my favorite, peanut butter and jelly I miss all my music, Jill Scott and Badu Tupac, Outkast and Queen Bey I miss having windows, seeing the trees For real I must miss being free I miss Uncle Wendell, may he rest in peace I miss my girlfriends and my crew I miss Aunt Bert's breakfast, bacon, eggs and toast I miss looking up and seeing the sky is blue I miss all my clothes, my closet and my room I miss all my books and my art I miss seeing frames with pics of my family Even though they are etched in my heart I miss being able to walk to the store Or to the field to watch the boys and girls play I miss all the familiar slang and speech Like "jamk", "lightning bugs" and "Out the way" I miss everything and almost everyone My dreams remind me of it every night But soon enoug...